Thursday, November 27, 2025

21st Century Boy


The following article appears in the December 2025 issue of Writing Magazine


"The adrenaline rush from a flash of inspiration and the injection of ideas for a new novel, and then finally putting the proverbial pen to paper, for me, is always a thrill. After that, it’s an enjoyable rollercoaster ride through the research and writing processes leading to publication. Once published, it’s then all about promoting the book effectively…"  says author, Mal Foster

"My latest novel, In the Shadow of Marc Bolan, was published in July 2024. It’s a paranormal and psychological tale about the son of a Marc Bolan/T.Rex fan, also called Marc, who just happened to be born on the same day as the glam rock singer, was tragically killed in a car accident in September 1977, just two weeks shy of his 30th birthday.

I’ve been a massive T.Rex fan since the early 1970s, and there are many of us still about. Before publication, I contacted the Official Marc Bolan Fan Club, whose membership exceeds 2.2k followers and the T.Rex Action Group, who care for Marc Bolan’s shrine at Barnes in South West London. I also sent courtesy information about my upcoming novel to Danielz, the lead singer of the official T.Rex tribute band, T.Rextasy, and to many others I considered Marc Bolan aficionados.

The response was terrific, and the book has been very well received and endorsed by those I initially contacted. A successful book launch and several personal appearances at various functions followed. The book also received a great plug and was given away as a prize on a popular American glam rock radio station." 

In the Shadow of Marc Bolan is available in paperback, hardcover and Kindle formats from Amazon.

 

Website: www.malfoster.co.uk


Courtesy Writing Magazine, December 2025 issue.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Injustice for Daphne

  Whilst I was in the final stages of preparing my third novel,  An Invisible Nemesis,  for publication, something terrible happened in Malt...